Our wide range of experience and electrical services include landlord testing and inspection and the issue of electrical safety certificates. Our experience includes commercial and industrial buildings, shops and factories, industrial units and showrooms.
Testing & Inspecting
All electrical installations should be subject to a regular program of testing and inspecting to ensure that they remain safe. Blakey Electrical Ltd are approved to carry out these inspections and issue safety certificates. An Electrical Installation Condition Report will reveal if any electrical circuits are overloaded, identify potential hazards, highlight any earthing or bonding problems, and carry out tests on the fixed wiring. The report will establish the overall condition of all the electrics and state whether they are satisfactory for continued use, detailing any work that might be required.
Electrical Safety in the Home
Government figures show that every year there are about 10 fatal and 2,000 non-fatal electric shock accidents in the home. Electrical hazards are deadly in the home and often invisible. They can cause fires and fatal electrical shocks. But are completely preventable if you use a registered NICEIC contractor for the installation, inspection and maintenance of your electrics.
There are also about 12,500 electrical fires in homes in the UK every year and although many are caused by faulty electrical appliances, a properly installed and well-maintained electrical system could save lives.
How often should my electrics be tested?
For other types of properties the recommended maximum time between inspections are:
Rented : 5 years
Domestic : 10 years
Commercial : 5 years.
Industrial : 3 years.
External : 3 years
- Rewires, new builds, extensions and upgrades
- External lighting (including LED lighting) and power
- New consumer units (fuse boards)
- Solar panels
- Electrical design and installation services
- Electric shower installations
- Tv wall mounting, aerials and sound systems
- Fire and intruder alarms
- Smoke and heat detection systems
- Data networks and WiFi installations
- Phone sockets
- Additional light, sockets and telephone points
- Electrical heating systems (including underfloor heating)
- General maintenance and repairs
- Security lighting
- Office lighting
- Emergency lighting
- Space saving solutions
- Data Networking
- Window display lighting
- CCTV/fire and intruder alarms/door entry systems
- Audio / visual installations (TVs on walls /boardrooms and music systems etc)